Trolling the orchards again

scooter, how about one of these?
New XPS 8900 Desktop

I would think either of the middle ones will probably suit you. - both have an Intel i7-6700 chip, 16GB DDR4 ram, a 24" Dell Ultrasharp monitor, and a 1Tb hard drive. The hard drive is the only draw back in my estimation, but the thing to do would be to watch for sales of external hard drives which can be accommodated in one of the USB 3 ports ( just watch the quality of sale items). If you run out of ports on the computer, then you can buy a peripheral that has a number of ports in it (usually 3 to 7) and plug this "extender" into one of the existing USB 3 ports and away you go - more USB 3 ports (I have two of these). The only thing that you then have to do is buy any additional processing software (CC - Lightroom, Photoshop) for the machine. Any software you have (Elements) should probably run on this machine.

WesternGuy

Has anyone suggested TIME OF DAY to you? And Weather?

First light or last light, and if you're lucky, last light coming in under a moody sky.

And foggy days. And days with blue skies and high white clouds.

Maybe try working on a tripod, bracketing, and layering in -2 sky on a +2 foliage with ++ saturation.

Has anyone suggested TIME OF DAY to you? And Weather?

First light or last light, and if you're lucky, last light coming in under a moody sky.

And foggy days. And days with blue skies and high white clouds.

Maybe try working on a tripod, bracketing, and layering in -2 sky on a +2 foliage with ++ saturation.
Lol, "lucky" for me is no rain and getting any time to take photos. Right now, I'm still trying to get a handle on all the basics of my camera. I would love to be able to go out any time I wanted to get those shots but it's just not possible for me. Maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to shoot whenever I want, but for now I'm willing to take what I can get. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

There's always your day off. That's what hobbies are all about... Getting up at the butt crack of dawn when you don't even have to. ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back