"Tropia" - Show of exotic pets (1) - Arachnophobes beware!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Harmony, actually I start this thread for you since in your thread on your bearded dragon you asked me to show photos from the "Tropic Animals" or "Exotic pets" show I went to last Sunday.

Most animals on display were tarantulas:

1. With white knees...
tropiaschau001wszframed.jpg

2. ... and with red knees
tropiaschau002wszframed.jpg

3. There was this one scorpion - I don't like the photo at all, I think it is a total blooper, but it's the only one I took of the only scorpion they had...
tropiaschau008wszframed.jpg

4. Are you surprised to hear that I liked the colour of these? What are thy called in English? "Living Leaves", too?
tropiaschau010wszframed.jpg

5. And, Harmony, this fellow should look mildly familiar to you, hm? ;)
tropiaschau012wszframed.jpg

Apparently, he was quite friendly and tame and used to being handled, those who had organised that show (it was only small) took him out occasionally for kids to hold him.

More in another thread.

Cool, but I'm glad they are contained. The "thing" sitting on the dragon's tail is a bit off putting, but still..... nice shots.

The "thing" sitting on the dragon's tail is a bit off putting...

Well, isn't it, indeed???
But those show cases were small, and angles "allowed" (which would exclude light reflections) were limited, so I had to make do with the hinge of that glass door :er: ... and I'm not too well a photoshop whizz to clone it all out and no one can see it was there :roll: :( ... So ... ;)

Thanks for passing, kundalini and Anty! :D

Yes, I also quite liked the red kneed tarantula, though if I understood the organiser of this little show right, that one's not quite a tame and friendly as the white kneed one is. He had only one in his collection (don't know if precisely that one ended in my photo) that he would take out and let people handle it. And that one had white knees.

So, Harmony, I can tell you're around just now, here are the photos of that show for you then! :D

Squeee! Thank you thank you thank you! Work sucked today and these made my day :mrgreen:!

The lighting must have been a nightmare to work with (yellow and harsh, right?) and I think you did quite a good job with it.

I believe we call them "Leaf Bugs". Very original, yes?

Yes, the light wasn't easy.
In the background of this photo (I took this one just for fun, don't know the kid handling the python!) you can see two of the many glass show cases the spiders etc were in, and each had a light right on top of its own (sorry, all only as blurred background to be seen but ... it MIGHT give you an impression. I never took a wide angled photo of the entire hall).

tropiaschau033klein.jpg

"Leaf Bug"? OK. I'll try to memorize that one. They are interesting!! :D And have a LOVELY colour! :greenpbl: :biggrin:

Yeah! I used to own "Stick Bugs"... they looked like sticks, not leafs. They were very very cool.

Oh, there was one case with stick bugs there, too, and I have a photo of them, but it was quite ... erm ... blah. Too "blah" to be shown, I'm afraid. :(

Hmmm. It seems as if there were many "exotic exotics" but not many "regular exotics"... like snakes. (If you know what I mean.)

Yes. I do. My daughter was quite disappointed ...

Nice shots, especially the scorpion.

Those scorpions are a PAIN to shoot, since you can ever only see them in captivity behind plexiglass/glass/acrylic. They have such a large 3D envelope it is nearly impossible to find them in a position in which you can get reasonable focus on them... and they are generally in dark substrate so it is hard to get definition on them. That's a better shot than any I have, by far, of a scorpion.

Beardies are cool, they love to pose for cameras... I have seen them many times look at me and just pose... nice posing on the red knees as well, great job overall in a very, very tricky shooting environment.

I had missed these the first time around, glad I can bump them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back