Trouble Deciding

and_spencer11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am having a trouble deciding between the Sony alpha 200&300. The 300 only gets live view and a pop out swiveling screen. Does the live view really make a difference? Would that be a decision factor when choosing a camera?

Thanks for your help,
Andrew

It depends; I have live view on my camera and don't use it. My personal opinion is that on DSLRs it's more of a gimmick than anything else; occasionally it can come in handy, but if there's a significant cost saving, I wouldn't bother with it.

First thing first, it uses significant amount of battery while viewfinder is free. But this sony live view is swivel type am I right. If you going to use it for heavy street photography than it is an advantage, because the photographer does not stare dirctly to the subject. I was thinking to buy one but I don't know. It is nice though, psychologically it is more comforting for the subject.

But I am sure other than that the view finder is much better.

thanks for the input! I also am considering the Canon XTI. Having AF in the body of the sony seems to be a plus and the image stability built in also. What are your thoughts on the built in features?

Most reactions

Back