Trouble photographing...

Freddeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been having some trouble photographing my wife. She just doesn't want to be photographed in a positive way, or so it seems. Whenever I point my camera her way her tongue flips out as far as possible, she starts staring at me... crosseyed! Those are just two of the less great (of hundreds of) scenario's I'd be able to give you.

Believe it or not, when her dad point his camera at her, she almost turns out to be a professional model...

Do any of you know some tips to make her act a bit more like... like herself when I shoot her and not her dad?

Or is it just the camera... since I'm using a Nikon and her dad a Canon ;)

Or is it just the camera... since I'm using a Nikon and her dad a Canon
The girl knows quality ;)

Keep shooting, she will eventually get tired of making faces. He dad has probably been shooting her, for her whole life...so he's way ahead of you. :D

I've been having some trouble photographing my wife. She just doesn't want to be photographed in a positive way, or so it seems. Whenever I point my camera her way her tongue flips out as far as possible, she starts staring at me... crosseyed! Those are just two of the less great (of hundreds of) scenario's I'd be able to give you.

Believe it or not, when her dad point his camera at her, she almost turns out to be a professional model...

Do any of you know some tips to make her act a bit more like... like herself when I shoot her and not her dad?

Or is it just the camera... since I'm using a Nikon and her dad a Canon ;)

I'd ask her to stick her tongue out and cross her eyes for all the shots you're taking of her. Eventually she'll get bored of doing just that.

I'd ask her to stick her tongue out and cross her eyes for all the shots you're taking of her. Eventually she'll get bored of doing just that.
Ooh, I just love that one. I'd like to see how my wife is going to respond to that. Maybe I'll even get a shot of the err... weird look on her face (as always).

ha, seems like your wife pulls my fav poses.

somethingl like this look?

l_fb22be8e9a5babd22ad25bc94d99a797.jpg

seriously though.. why not take pictures of her doing something she loves, that way she will be more comfortable, then move to bigger things?

You can rent her if you want ;)

It doesn't matter what she's doing. As soon as she sees me holding my camera the evilness pops out.

It doesn't matter what she's doing. As soon as she sees me holding my camera the evilness pops out.

Man, I bet she'd love to see that ;)

just print out some of the silly shots you have of her
and place them on the walls.

then print out some more serious portratis of other girls, and put them up on the walls as well!!

I am sure she will see the difference and ask to replace those portraits of other girls by some of her .... and she will cooperate! :p

Most reactions

Back