trouble w/ film photography

Thanks crotograph, I think that's very good advice. I guess I'll read up and formally learn photography. I guess point and shoot cameras take that little thing of learning the camera away.

I'll slowly start trying everyone's advice...but more advice is always welcome, thanks guys.

-Bob

Also, did you get prints made, and were the prints grainy, or did you simply scan? My film scanner seems to pick up grain MUCH more than when I get prints made with standard Kodak color film. I never have a problem with B/W however.

I like Fuji NPH 400. It's intended for portraits. But the colors are natural, there's a lot of dimension...and it's VERY smooth almost "grain-free" with a standard 8x10 from 35mm.

BadRotation said:
Also, did you get prints made, and were the prints grainy, or did you simply scan? My film scanner seems to pick up grain MUCH more than when I get prints made with standard Kodak color film. I never have a problem with B/W however.

I actually had Walgreens put the pictures onto a CD...

my friend actually uses film that doesnt get developed into negatives, but to slides. Can someone tell me about that? She seems to have very colorful pictures and I like the way her photos work. I know I should probably ask her, but we've both been busy with school.

Most reactions

Back