Troubleshooting the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual III on XP

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by PhilW, Aug 6, 2004.

1. PhilW

PhilW TPF Noob!

Hi! I'm new to this forum, but have a question for someone. I hav just upgraded my equipment to Windows XP, and am having problems getting XP to acknowledge the Dual Scan III as being there. It does not want to recognize the USB port. I have downloaded the latest software from the Konica-Minolta web site, and have installed it (3x lately). When the software is brought up, it does not see the scanner on the USB port. If you try to make a setting via the Windows "Add Hardware" prompt, it only sees the LPT1 port. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Phil

2. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

dimage scan duall III? what is that.

are you sure the usb port works? i have noticed that sometimes you have to unplug and re-plug usb devices several times before they click on.

welcome to the forum :)

3. PhilW

PhilW TPF Noob!

The Dimage Scan Dual III is a film scanner Minolta puts out. The current model is the Scan Dual IV.

The USB ports are working fine on all of the other equipment, including printers, a Zip drive, SD Ram...

One file that you download from Konica-Minolta's web site for XP shows up as a corrupted file if you try to unzip it. It is the second of 3 files needed for XP. I am wondering if it may be the culprit.

Glad to see this forum! The last tiime I was on one similar to this was in Compuserve days!

Phil

4. Varthlokkur

Varthlokkur TPF Noob!

You cant unzip part 3? Hmmm it worked for me. I would try uninstalling it, reboot the computer and then pluggin it in and see what happens