Trout pic C&C please...

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Fishboy, May 8, 2009.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Took this yesterday whilst out fishing with my brother, just liked the way he lay quietly in the net and his buttery colour. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Graham

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gaerek

Gaerek TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the composition and the color. I think I would like it better if either the whole fish had been in focus (or more of it anyway, to include the head) or if the area of focus was more around the head of the fish. You have a section of the body in pretty good, sharp focus, but unfortunately the tail and the head are both blurry.

Actually, looking at it again, I wouldn't want the whole fish in focus, I think. But if the head had been sharper, this would have been a great shot I think. Good work though, it really is a beautiful fish and a nice composition!

3. Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice shot! I think the head being in focus would have made it stronger that way the colors just melt together as you move towards the back of the fish. It does have that buttery warm color to it that is a nice contrast to it's dark surroundings. One thing I may have done would be to have the angle at which you've positioned the fish within the frame be a bit more interesting (maybe a tighter crop with a more diagonal positioning?). Anyways, very cool shot, keep it up!

4. Wabusk

Wabusk TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    As an avid flyfisherman i love this shot.Great contrast. One tip for photographing fish is make sure you focus on the eye of the fish as thats where the viewer will look first. Cheers,

5. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    To me it says "dead or dying fish lying unnaturally in a pool of... something that is presumably water but almost looks like not... ew! Oh, nice colors!"

I guess you have to ask yourself what you're trying to say, or at least what the shot will say to people. The fisherman likes it, but he looks at dead and dying fish all the time. :)

If you wanted to get the colors without the death scene, you could zoom in on the detail of his scales... also neat might be to get a piece of one of his fins in the shot in the process.

Just some thoughts.

6. Josh_Houchin

Josh_Houchin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wonderful shot, I would think it could look better with a more diagonal position but that is my only complaint. I also applaud the way you handled the fish for the photo it is the safest way to photograph the fish without harming him. But I am sure you already knew that....

7. AlanO

AlanO TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Good catch but a pretty standard fish in net photo.