'True' black and white printing

I'm not really sure if your post, markc answers this but I didn't fnd those websites that informative. Is there a place you can get a cartridge with three shades of grey instead of colour?

obviously you would have to configure your printer somehow to make it print correctly. can it be done? I realise it will depend on the printer you have.

All the info is in there. You just might have to look around a bit. You can get prefilled carts or a bulk system that feeds from bottles. Either way, you need either an ICC printing profile for the ink and paper you use, or use a RIP like http://www.quadtonerip.com/html/QTRoverview.html

If you have an Epson 2200, for example, you can use the above RIP and these carts or these.

Daniel said:
I'm not really sure if your post, markc answers this but I didn't fnd those websites that informative. Is there a place you can get a cartridge with three shades of grey instead of colour?

obviously you would have to configure your printer somehow to make it print correctly. can it be done? I realise it will depend on the printer you have.

AFAIK HP list a 3 colour "grey/black" cartridge to replace the normal tricolour photo cartridge in some Photosmart printers - cartridge number 100 is one such.

Deskjet is best for printing photos..and you can print a lot using the #27 ink of that printer...

B&W of deskjet gives you best output.

JonathanM said:
AFAIK HP list a 3 colour "grey/black" cartridge to replace the normal tricolour photo cartridge in some Photosmart printers - cartridge number 100 is one such.
Very cool. I knew Epson had added a single grey to some printers, but it's good to see more levels. Unfortuantely it's still dye ink, so you have to worry more about fading.

monicam said:
Deskjet is best for printing photos..and you can print a lot using the #27 ink of that printer...

B&W of deskjet gives you best output.
See what I said above about just using black ink. There is no comparison in quality vs. a multi-tone system. It's obvious dots and dithering vs. super smooth tone gradients.

go back to 35mm, OR take your pics to a digital photo lab and have them print them....probably a lot cheaper than buying cartridges, and less hassle/headaches...

i like the 35mm approach, cuz thats all i have :D

Obviously price limitations are a serious consideration, but also consider that a wider range of cartridges means a wider range of tones if you go black only. i.e. a CMYK printer will have fewer tones than CCMMYKK.

MaxBloom said:
Obviously price limitations are a serious consideration, but also consider that a wider range of cartridges means a wider range of tones if you go black only. i.e. a CMYK printer will have fewer tones than CCMMYKK.

if you are not aftering for the price..then, get the tooner laser jet.

I do have a tooner printer and gives me best output..just for B&W..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back