Trumputer Swans

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by padrepaul77, Oct 14, 2009.

1. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Found a nice swan refuge and was shooting with my Canon Powershot sx10 and Olympus E620 with a 70-300mm lens and 1.4 teleconverter; it's a 600 35mm equivalent and I've been quite happy with it.

The one with the swan who is less than happy is a bit blurry, but I just liked his face. The sign clearly said "Trumpeter Swan Refuge," not "duck refuge," so clearly this mallard can't read. I also was amused by the goose - only one there. A peaceful place indeed; we're lucky in the Twin Cities; it's so darn cold but we have many hidden parks and trails, and the State Park system is great. This was just in a public 10K loop park hidden off the path.

Attached Files:

2. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    And in my haste to get pictures and happiness to find swans, only after I had shot a bunch of pictures did I realize the warming filter was still on. C'est la vie!

3. BmDubb

BmDubb TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This could have been a really good subject... But to me these kind of look like snapshots..

4. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    How would you recommend making them a bit better? It was a cloudy day, so were I to go back I'd probably go with better light, perhaps near sunset too and get some wider-angle shots. There were plenty of swans and wildlife in this area. Some morning steam from the lake would have been nice I think to give it a mystical feeling.