Truth or posed, interesting artice on wedding photography

mind sinking quickly to the gutter there alex lol

Mike that;s what it was in the old days... Now the difference I see is the attitude of the photographer. No longer is it do it where it happened but drag them to the bridge.... We can differ on what it really is but that seems to be the same thing. Shoot the bride and groom kissing but don't do it at the alter where it happened take them to a nearby tree.

The wedding party was at the front of that church but no lets take them to a fountain and then all jump in lol...

It is cute but that bride and groome are not going to be 21 forever. I'm not saying don't do what the bride wants. If you want to be in business you pretty much have to do that. Just don't try to dis the old guys who did documentary they had their reasons to. Not that anyone here does that. It just seems sometimes that everything that was different twenty years ago is now inherantly wrong. I prefer to think of it as just different.

Please somebody shut me up

Well Im that old school photographer but It isn't quite that bad. In the forties and fifties after the posed shots the photographer generally left. That is true. Then came my generation a melding of documentary and truly old school. Which is exactly what I plan to do again on june 28th. What it was is we go to the church about an hour before the service. shoot the bride and groom dressing. People like the women with the registration book ect.

Everyone walking into the church, and usually try to do the walking out if they don't come out in a herd definitely the bride an groom leaving also few shot during the wedding.

Groups after of course, then the bride and groom cutting the cake and all that bs.

Now somebody answer me this. If unposed is such a big deal now, how do you get the bridal party together. Like all the men on a bridge for instance. You mean they all just decide to go there at the same time. Maybe your poses are less formal but I think if you get those kinds of shots at all they are posed.

In my wedding work, I find that brides and grooms like the photojournalistic style for the ceremony, reception and the before stuff, but still want posed, formal if you will, for traditional shots of the various family and wedding party together.

that is my son in laws experience as well.

I plan to tell people to get a friend with a digital to take all the shots he wants before I start to shoot and after I leave. LOL Why pay me to shoot stuff their buddy can do, if they are on a tight budget. Thats who I'm after anyway, folks with no money for my son in law even. I don't want to compete with him, I promised I wouldn't when I turned my business over to him.

He doesn't want to do the budget weddings so it's wide open for me. The buddy thing is sales hype guys I know the buddy can't do a great job but hell he has a screen he can see what is really bad.

i think its just that people are getting away from "stand there and say cheese" and are getting more clever posed shots, b&g's recognize it as candid (it isn't) and ask may ask for a photo-j style wedding. the question is, have they ever seen a real photo-j wedding and do they want that - - - or do they want someone to make it all seem fancier than it was and make it out to be something grand.

Most reactions

Back