Try at selective coloring cc welcome

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think? Should I also make the sky black and white?

IMG_9931Medium.jpg

I like the picture, I think that the colored sky is a bit distracting... so I say pull the color out of it.

Amazing how such a suttle change can make so much difference. The sky didn't appear all that distracting to me in the first one, but my eyes did wander around the top. With the 2nd photo, my eyes were drawn directly to the bubble.

Amazing how such a suttle change can make so much difference. The sky didn't appear all that distracting to me in the first one, but my eyes did wander around the top. With the 2nd photo, my eyes were drawn directly to the bubble.

i agree, i think the bubbles are emphasized more after the sky became B&W and it should be, bc those look awesosme

don't you just love photographing stranger's kids? lol. You get great photos but don't have to wake up at night because of them :p

Neat conceptual idea!!! I wish the bubbles were more of the frame... somehow the colorization of them gets lost because it is so subtle and so small.

I agree. If I didn't know I was looking for selective coloring, I don't think I would've noticed it. At least not right away.

It is a cool picture though.

I agree. If I didn't know I was looking for selective coloring, I don't think I would've noticed it. At least not right away.

It is a cool picture though.

This is what I like about it. It's a subtle effect here. Selective coloring often has the subtlety of a freight train, and ends up looking garish. This subtle treatment is one of the few instances where I really think selective coloring is both effective and tasteful. Nice work.

Most reactions

Back