Trying again

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't sure how to edit the other post with the photos that won't show up so I'm just posting them again here. Hope they show up this time. C&C appreciated.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0153fixed.jpg

perfect.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Hope it works this time.

Works for me. I like them for the most part. 1, 2, and 4 are great. I like the sky in #2. 3 and 5 are ok, but I feel like they're missing something. 5 might've been better at a different time of day with different shadows and more contrast.

Oh I'm so glad they showed up this time and thanks for coming back again to look at them, bhop.

Yes, #3 & #5 didn't turn out as well as I had hoped either. The sunlight was casting the glow on the trees in both shots, but I didn't manage to capture it the way it appeared. This however, was the first time I have managed to capture it at all...lol, so I guess that's a start. I did try increasing the the color saturation a bit in #5, but it seemed to make the trees an unnatural red color... not sure why.

Thanks again for your comments I appreciate it.

I like the leading lines on #5. As bhop mentioned, try this locale at different times of the early morning or late afternoon to create some shadows for you. You may also want to try varying your POV, slightly down, way down, a little left, a little right. Change your settings to get different effects. Who knows. I guess what I'm saying is to experiment. You will find that standing upright and taking a photo will eventually get boring.

Just random thoughts. Keep shooting and posting.

As bhop mentioned, try this locale at different times of the early morning or late afternoon to create some shadows for you. You may also want to try varying your POV, slightly down, way down, a little left, a little right.

Thanks for the comments. The shot below is basically at the same angle, but I took it about an hour after taking the shot [#5] posted above. I actually like it better, but it looked a bit blurry to me which is why I didn't post it before. The other two were also attempts at capturing the sunlight. I know composition wise they suck, but I was just experimenting with the light....not sure how they fare.

path.jpg

lightstreams2.jpg

aftnoonlight.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back