Trying film- Bethlehem Steel

columbus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to learn how to shoot film over the past month. Here is a scanned print of the abandoned blast furnaces of Bethlehem Steel. C&C are definitely needed

228200814523pmsi5.jpg

It's a crappy scan, I know, and there is something in the sky because of it.

I actually really like that. I'm not a great judge, but it's cool.

Mind if I save it?

I like the lines of the tracks and can picture the furnaces in focus, but really, I have trouble with this shot. It looks more like a snapshot. I'm not sure why I think that, but I do.

I actually really like that. I'm not a great judge, but it's cool.

Mind if I save it?

sure, go right ahead!

Yea- the actual print isn't in great focus and the scan is incredibly crappy, but I kinda like that feel to it for some reason.

This was taken from the Fahey bridge in Bethlehem, PA

I'm sorry but I have to agree this has a very snapshotish feeling to it. What I might suggest is try to detatch yourself from the experience you have from being there and look at it as if you have never been there nor took the picture, then see if you still like the picture... here's an excample one of my own that has sentimental value to me but has no real photographic qualities to it so I would consider it as a snapshot as well...

275706416_55bbaaee22.jpg

note that it is a sharp picture with no marks on it but has no point of intrest or composition. In your picture, if you would not have named it, I would not have any idea what you are trying to show me... Is it the tracks in the forground that curve off to the left or the building in the background. This shot lacks focus (a central theme). Keep it up though!!!! I would love to see more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back