Trying not to stand out

I fly radio controlled planes and there is a company that makes shirts along the same principle

Here are the answers:

1) About $300
2) Farther than you can see (talking about how far they can fly)
3) No you can't try it

I need a shirt for photography along the same lines

~Michael~

if you avoid answering wont it sound like youre hiding something? just say approximates :)
the answer i usually get from my friends is just " wow."

I find that jokes tend to diffuse most odd situations. My favorite response to this one is to laugh and say "God, more than I like to admit..."

Usually that gets a laugh and ends the conversation. If they persist, I tell them honestly and say "Why, were you looking to get into photography?"

I've had a few pleasant conversations from this.

Frankly, if people really want to know how much my camera is, what the hell do I care? Sure, I'll tell ya. Some people marvel at it, some people are horrified, some are disgusted that I would be stupid enough to do such a thing. <shrug> All of those reactions are pretty amusing, and it was they who were rude/silly/brave enough to ask, so no skin off my back.

EDIT: Further frankly, I'm proud that I can say that I have paid for all my equipment... with my equipment. This makes people's reactions even more entertaining at times. Esp. the ones who think I'm insane or stupid for spending $1800 on a camera.

Most reactions

Back