Trying something different

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Portrait night at the Photographic Club

Everyone has the same lighting and poses so I thought i would have a play. The models are twins and grand daughters of one of the members so are quite used to us!
TwinsHiKey.jpg

Draw025.jpg

Draw004.jpg

My attention span is not great at this type of set shoot . . .so the camera wandered!
Camera.jpg

MickDouphin.jpg

My favourite is the last one of my old mate Mick - just caught him about to make some comment!

I like the editing on #1 because it still looks like a photo. I am not a huge fan of the others because they look like a page out of a coloring book.

I am not a huge fan of the others because they look like a page out of a coloring book.

I did print these on pages torn out of an artist watercolour pad - complete with perferations and some folk thought I had been to drawing class! This was my intention to try and get that effect.

I look forward to comments - rip them apart! It is the best way to learn from how others see our images.

I like the "oldnavy" Your B***rs used to fly me back in the 60's so I suppose I should be "oldRAF" - never forgiven them for deck-landing me when I thought we were on a nice little jolly down to the West Country.

The first and last are my faves of this series. The first, as OldNavy said, still looks like a photo. The others, with less detail, look like sketches (which is the look you were going for, I gather, but I prefer, for this subject matter, the 'photo look' to the 'sketch look'). The last image I like because it depicts lots of character in your mate's face (the laugh lines and big grin )

I've played around with those effects and quite like what you've done. I have been known to put charcoal to paper before. I'm guessing that's the effect you're after.

Most reactions

Back