Trying to Utilize Colour - C and C please!!

smackitsakic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out for a shoot yesterday morning with the sole intention of trying to capture colour, colour, and more colour.

I'd love your C and C on these pics. Thanks!

IMG_2895.jpg

_MG_2885.jpg

_MG_2883.jpg

_MG_2852.jpg

_MG_2875.jpg

_MG_2892.jpg

no1. interesting.
no3.a bit underexposed.
no4. love the colors
no5.beautiful.
no6 doesnt do anything for me.

1,2,and 3 are the most compelling studies to me. On #3, the top of the chain liunk fence with the yellow shapes in the background, I wish the camera had been levelled and squared up perfectly--it's a formal composition, and the asymmetry on the chain link is spoiling it for me. On the green leaf close-up, I wish the upper right corner had been filled with leaf, but nice seeing on the lines. The two flower shots and the orange pipes with the T-handle retaining bolts do nothing for me at all.

I like the first three as well and like Derrel wish the chain link had been level. Dont really care for the last two.

I think it's a great idea to set a "theme" for yourself when you take out your camera. You get several points for that alone =)

Of all the images you posted, the bright yellow and lines of number 2, and the bold green with defined curved lines of #3 get my vote for almost having that "wow" factor. I say almost..only for very picky reasons, which I think Derrel pointed out more succinctly in his post above.

I think if you had moved to the side just slightly, the chain links on the fence would have added a great symetrical appeal to that shot.. and I'm not sure if you were using a tripod, but I'd like to see the rail of the fence more level as well.

On number three (my favorite of the set) I love that it almost looks like a colored pencil sketch, lovely!

Thanks for the comments. I agree entirely with what you folks are saying, especially with the chain link fence. I didn't have my tripod with me, and thought I had it lined up just right, but clearly I didn't!

Any other feedback?

Most reactions

Back