Trying to Utilize Colour - C and C please!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by smackitsakic, Jun 7, 2010.

1. smackitsakic

smackitsakic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I went out for a shoot yesterday morning with the sole intention of trying to capture colour, colour, and more colour.

I'd love your C and C on these pics. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lunaaa

lunaaa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    no1. interesting.
    no3.a bit underexposed.
    no4. love the colors
    no5.beautiful.
    no6 doesnt do anything for me.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Top Poster Of Month

Photos OK to edit
    1,2,and 3 are the most compelling studies to me. On #3, the top of the chain liunk fence with the yellow shapes in the background, I wish the camera had been levelled and squared up perfectly--it's a formal composition, and the asymmetry on the chain link is spoiling it for me. On the green leaf close-up, I wish the upper right corner had been filled with leaf, but nice seeing on the lines. The two flower shots and the orange pipes with the T-handle retaining bolts do nothing for me at all.

4. mwcfarms

mwcfarms No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the first three as well and like Derrel wish the chain link had been level. Dont really care for the last two.

5. Aayria

Aayria TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think it's a great idea to set a "theme" for yourself when you take out your camera. You get several points for that alone =)

Of all the images you posted, the bright yellow and lines of number 2, and the bold green with defined curved lines of #3 get my vote for almost having that "wow" factor. I say almost..only for very picky reasons, which I think Derrel pointed out more succinctly in his post above.

I think if you had moved to the side just slightly, the chain links on the fence would have added a great symetrical appeal to that shot.. and I'm not sure if you were using a tripod, but I'd like to see the rail of the fence more level as well.

On number three (my favorite of the set) I love that it almost looks like a colored pencil sketch, lovely!

6. smackitsakic

smackitsakic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments. I agree entirely with what you folks are saying, especially with the chain link fence. I didn't have my tripod with me, and thought I had it lined up just right, but clearly I didn't!

Any other feedback?