Tulane library post katrina

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We keep getting updates from several university libraries around the south and Tulane sent us a link to some shots of a very small portion of the damage.

http://www.aserl.org/documents/Tulane_Disaster_Photos.html

Note that virtually everything in that library that didn't even get a drop of water on it will have to go through decontamination and "de-fungi'd". It's a freakin mess.

Holy crap!! :shock: That's terrible to see.....the mold all over those books is a sad, sad sight. :(

What a mess. :meh:

yup I see alot of bound journals in there and luckily most of that is on online databases now..they just have to subscribe to them. Our library has started pulling some duplicates we have and getting ready to send them when the time comes.

mygrain said:
yup I see alot of bound journals in there and luckily most of that is on online databases now..they just have to subscribe to them. Our library has started pulling some duplicates we have and getting ready to send them when the time comes.

So most of what is lost can be reprinted from digital archives?

tmpadmin said:
So most of what is lost can be reprinted from digital archives?

Rather...instead of spending the money on getting physical compies they can just subscribe to online versions. But yes you can print from them sources. As for our duplicates...Most are journals we subscribe to ourselves and have ceased getting paper copies of and just use online stuff. It saves space and the trees.

What horrible devistation :(

wow...this is really upsetting. from information i received from tulane university they made it seem that the school made it out ok...i guess i made it out better than other buildings but that is horrible...how ironic it seems that i read this literally 20 minutes after opening my acceptance letter to tulane... :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back