Tulip in Slumber

leragdoll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In the middle of April, it snowed... None of the flowers woke during the day.

3437%3A44323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D563%3D564%3DXROQDF%3E232384593%3B%3A95ot1lsi

Looks a bit too soft, to me. The composition isn't very attention grabbing, either. Maybe try another angle. Great DOF though. Keep shooting. :)

The drops are well captured, don't look too soft to me here, but if that is the theme, I'd try for a tighter crop. There's too much of the - albeit nicely blurred through good DOF but still too much - superfluous and thus distracting background there. A tighter crop might make a more dramatic and eye-catching picture.

Oh yes! Definitely!

Are you into Photoshop?
Or do you prefer your photos to be left untouched and how they came out of the camera? For you might consider darkening the background, just for fun, and to find out in how far THAT experiment helps to make the flower pop out even more.
And if you want others to try things out for you, there's always the "Photoshop Challenge" sub-division in the "Photo Themes" into which you could enter this photo to let others "play with it". That is, if you are open for any kind of suggestion.

It is interesting, by the way, in how far the changed angle helps adding something to this photo!

I actually bracketed that and had like, 12 different shots of it... lol

I can work on it in photoshop, it isn't exactly my forte, but I will probably play around with it.
Thanks so much for the help!

Most reactions

Back