Tulip...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by nomaddan, Aug 22, 2005.

1. nomaddan

nomaddan TPF Noob!

I shot this outside with the sun coming through some trees. I didn't like the background so I underexposed it quite a bit. I have gotten some different reactions to it. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like the second better its a little easier to view with the central flower making up the majority of your focal point.

The first is nice but I keep looking past the first two flowers to the center one then the line of flowers lead me off the page. It also has that empty space in the top right that doesn't really present itself with all the other three corners being filled with the flowers.

Great color and DOF in both photos.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Good camera work!!!! I love the colours. I am seeing the photos as two different takes on the same subject. Both are good. Personally the first frame is stronger. Some how more interesting than the "here is a flower portrait".

4. nomaddan

nomaddan TPF Noob!

Vmann - I see what you are saying. I guess I dont mind you looking past the first two flowers in #1 since my main focus was the one in the middle. I do see how they distract form the middle one. I agree about the negative space in the corner as well. It competes with the middle fower too much. Thanks for the feedback.

Craig - Thanks for the comments, I think what I like about these is the strong contrast in the colors and the black background.