Tulips and Clovers (three shots)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, firstly, let me just say, this is probably my weakest series in a while. In fact, I'd say it is. I am not very happy with any of these three shots, but I haven't posted anything on here for a while, so here I am.

One:
_DSC7129.jpg

Two:
_DSC7074.jpg

Three:
_DSC7100.jpg

:stun:

These are weak? I thought they were great.

Now I want to see the best set.

:stun:

These are weak? I thought they were great.

Now I want to see the best set.

Haha, you are far too kind!

Thank you very much for your kind words KOrmechea.

Do you think these shots work as black and white, 'cause most flower shots are, well, color. I'm just a huge fan of flowers with black and white.

And I have to admit, I like the second one.

Jeremy I think the contrasty lighting has resulted in a loss of detail in both bright and shadow areas. However that said I like the textures and tones in parts of the first image...I think if you had not chopped part of the bottom bud off and had the same sharpness on it, that image would be excellent.

Hey, I think the first and second one are really good! Don't sell yourself short. I think the first one, that the flower all the way to the left and the one in the middle could be cropped to just include them. That flower at the bottom of the frame just seems to distract the eye from a really beautiful picture.

The second one is reallly good, but I would like to see some details in the whites. Otherwise, really good shots. Not so fond of the third shot..

its not usual to see b&w of flowers like this, I like it alot, its something different

Jeremy I think the contrasty lighting has resulted in a loss of detail in both bright and shadow areas. However that said I like the textures and tones in parts of the first image...I think if you had not chopped part of the bottom bud off and had the same sharpness on it, that image would be excellent.

I totally agree, I have lost detail with the high-contrast nature of the shots. But, that's part of what I wanted, as strange as that may sound. I wanted my shots, at least the second one, to be that high of a contrast. I know that sounds kind of stupid, "Hey, I wanted really blown out highlights", but I did. Haha.

Most reactions

Back