Tulips, Trees, and Hockey

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from the past weekend that I've taken. Comments welcome, critique appreciated.

One:
_DSC4335-Edit.jpg

Two:
_DSC4596-Edit.jpg

Three:
_DSC4616-Edit.jpg

Four:
_DSC4547-Edit.jpg

Five:
_DSC4760-Edit.jpg

Six:
_DSC4771-Edit.jpg

Seven:
_DSC4499-Edit.jpg

Note: Shots Four through Seven were at high-ISO, and I'm curious as to how the noise levels are.

My favorite of the bunch is #3, cool scene. #'s 4 through 7 look very smeared, probably in attempt to reduce the noise. (although that is probably hard to prevent anyways)

The processing on the first one seems a little off, too contrasty I think. It's a cool shot otherwise.

#3 is my favorite. Makes me cold just looking at it!

3 is a very nice picture, my favorite of the series. Number 4 to 7 have very strong color which is good. Nothing noticable about noise with the exception of the face of the player which look weird or smeared. Still very good images though. How high is high ISO? 3200 and above?

3 is a fantastic shot. I think you could sell that one if you framed it up.

But the hockey shots... Just way over processed. They kind of have a neat cartooninsh feel to them, but I highly doubt that is what you were looking for. I would say of them, #6 is the best hockey shot.

Oh, and keep these hockey shots coming. I love em. I will be working the ACHA DIII National tournament and will have a bunch of time to shoot during that tournament before and after my games. I can't wait. It will be my first hockey shoot.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm gonna keep processing the third one and see what else I can come up with. And I also have some processing work to do on the hockey shots because I kind of messed a few of them up HAHA. Thanks again for the comments and critiques everyone.

i like them all the way they are, i'm a sucker for DOF and love the first two, the 3rd looks fine to me right now and all the hockey ones looks cool and smooth with i guess that effect that was used to reduce noise, i like it

Yeah, I've been experimenting with different noise reduction techniques (in camera and at what level vs. post-processing) and I'm gonna probably try no noise-reduction soon, just to see how that turns out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back