Turkish woman

nomade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rubiba.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Her face struck me, the way she looked original among the pigeon she feeds, what makes her living...The hardness graved on her, and the way she always stared in nothing, just sitting there everyday, not a smile, not a nod.I usually don't like to comment on my photos before anyone else. But...

Her face struck me,

Sorry, but I can't see her face. You must have pulled the trigger while she was picking her nose.....

Did you do any PP to the shot????

I think it's a bit too dark and is her face that ruddy (red) looking? If she's there every day, try again. The soap tub may be a distraction, try cropping it out.

The key thing that stands out for me in this shot, is that nothing in it appears perfectly sharp. Looking at it, the focal point seems to be just behind her. Is this a full frame shot as it came out of the camera, or is it cropped?

I'd also agree with PNA that it is slightly dark, but there's not much in it.

Sorry, but I can't see her face. You must have pulled the trigger while she was picking her nose.....

Did you do any PP to the shot????

I think it's a bit too dark and is her face that ruddy (red) looking? If she's there every day, try again. The soap tub may be a distraction, try cropping it out.

Lol, she didn't pick her nose, she was eating those grains she feed the pigeons, and that's how I saw her face, I mean she would sit like that for a while. I am not trying to take it again, regardless of my personal opinion, I am in Egypt now.

No I didn't do PP work, because I am trying to make better shots without it. Cause you relying on photoshop you stop caring about the quality of what you get recorded, that's how I feel right now. And I am trying to concentrate more on what the photo looks after taking it, not after the PP work. Although on the aesthetics of it.

The ulker thingy seem to be the brightest thing, I agree...

s that nothing in it appears perfectly sharp.

A major problem with xtra zoom in this sony, manual focusing is always soft(something I am also working on). (you should see it at 12X, horrifying).

Classic shot. I think there are too many distracting elements. Mostly the plastic bag that is floating in the background.

Yep that's how it felt taking it, although you are right about the plastic bag...

Thanks.

No I didn't do PP work, because I am trying to make better shots without it. Cause you relying on photoshop you stop caring about the quality of what you get recorded, that's how I feel right now. And I am trying to concentrate more on what the photo looks after taking it, not after the PP work. Although on the aesthetics of it..

You need to change your attitude. If you are shooting digital, you cannot make better shots without postprocessing period. Postprocessing using Photoshop or some other photo editor is as necessary as a darkroom was to film photographers in the past. I speak from more experience here than probably anyone in either format.

Postprocessing helps you to see better in photographic terms...to compare the original for example with proper more accurate colour balance, to see what software considers to be better exposure, to see the same image with more punch and impact, and to see minor but correctable problems in your original shooting technique.

I tend to think that those that make excuses for not doing postprocessing tend to be either computer illiterate or afraid to or unwilling to take the time to learn this new and absolutely necessary skill for digital photography.

Rationalization or excuses does not make anyone a better photographer. Those that are successful in this field are those that are willing to learn ALL the necessary skills including postprocessing.

skieur

I have worked on photoshop for years, for magazine editing purposes, it's not about being afraid of using it, or making up excuses for it. I spent hours on that thing, and I learned quite a lot using scanned film photos, scanned photos are really tiring, because you always have to clean them up, and adjust almost everything to at least make it look like it should be.

I wanna make street shots that work, that's what I was looking forward to, wanting to create pictures that work without PP work, doesn't mean I don't wanna use it, it means I wanna make more improvement on the shooting part. That's it.

In other ways, I've an active life style, I would prefer spending more time taking pictures outside, rather than staying on the laptop.

It simply means I want to add more quality to the photo that is downloaded to my computer before PP. I don't know what's so lame about that?

And I donno what makes you think I am reluctant to learn anything new?

Asking once for some decent analysis doesn't make me a freak who doesn't want to learn or that I want you to say it's good if I think it's good, cause I only know critique is about analyzing a photograph, especially the bad, not throwing stones.

I don't have to say Amen, and aight I do what you say, after reading this, I happen to say what I was thinking to, and this doesn't mean that I don't accept any body's opinion or defend my photo.

In response for things that weren't things you wrote Skieur, I know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back