Turn new to old. Or attempt

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my attempt to turn a picture of a fairly newly refurbished church into an old one. This is my first attempt so I am not sure how well I did on it. I used my olympus c-3000 f11 1/800 -0.20 I think. I turned black and white using Hue/Saturation in photoshop, then added in some noise and grain. C/C please.

P4150022_0_1.jpg

something about it still feels new to me... might be the curb or the cleanness of the street..

Try spilling coffee on your monitor...that usually helps.

Old pictures normally gain a colour cast, often uneven. Try something between black and white and sepia with a hint of variance over the frame.

Hi Noel, I'm moving this thread over to the Graphics Programs forum, as this is really about getting the effect you're after using Photoshop, and doesn't really belong in the Critique forum. Please read through the Critique forum rules so you know what to post in there. Thanks a lot! :)

P4150022_0_1.jpg

changed to RGB so I could change some colors, colorized to a brownish color, layer masked to remove some of the brown to give it the uneven look. Also cropped the ground out to remove the curb. OH, and added a "slur" blur. Using GIMP

I think it might always look new because the window frames are so clean and the brickwork so good.

Cropping the road in the foreground is a good move though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back