Turn your camera into a TAZER!

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Of all the stupid things I saw in life, this has to make the top 5 list. this dolt takes a disposable camera, and turns it into a tazer... then tests it out on his friend!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec4YXEoQL6s&NR=1[/ame]

something in me is tempted to wonder what would happen if you tried that with something like a 580M2!
the cost of such an experiment if rather sobering though

My GF was telling me about this yesterday after I stabbed my hand on a peice of a disposable camera I had ripped appart that had fallen under a coffee table.

Let's hope you weren't gropping for the pieces with a battery installed in it... lol.

My friends and I used to screw with each other in high school using flash capacitors from disposable cameras. Discharge the flash, open the camera and remove the capacitor, charge it up with a nine-volt battery. When someone walks into the room, toss it to them and yell, "Catch!" Don't do it to anyone with a dodgy heart and it makes for a load of laughs.

My friends and I used to screw with each other in high school using flash capacitors from disposable cameras. Discharge the flash, open the camera and remove the capacitor, charge it up with a nine-volt battery. When someone walks into the room, toss it to them and yell, "Catch!" Don't do it to anyone with a dodgy heart and it makes for a load of laughs.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's mean but funny!...

OK, I've got a story. I was working for Minolta Corp. in 1978 repairing cameras at their (then) Norcross, GA facility, and on that day the president of Minolta Camera Co. was in town from Japan to tour the facility with his entourage of Minolta big wigs. So all of us techs were advised to wear ties and "look sharp". Well, I had just been working on a big old Minolta "potato masher" flash, which was disassembled on my desk. You always neutralize the huge capacitor on these things (as with any flash) with a discharge resistor before you work on them. I suppose timing is everything, as I unfortunately must not have done this in all the tense lead-up to "Mr Minolta" coming through. Just as they entered the repair lab, I somehow managed to discharge the thing through both arms!! Somehow, this event made my right arm jerk strongly, I went over backwards in my chair, and the flash, held together by the wire harness and spinning like space junk, sailed across the room and slammed against the wall about a foot in front of "Mr Minolta"! :shock: There were a few painful seconds of silence where I was certain that I was fired, and then the whole place erupted into laughter. Whew...

Last edited:
haha thats funny pez, but whats a potato masher flash?

stabbed my hand on a peice of a disposable camera I had ripped appart that had fallen under a coffee table.

I detect hostility towards disposable cameras.

haha thats funny pez, but whats a potato masher flash?

I detect hostility towards disposable cameras.
You know, the ones with a handle that houses the large capacitor:

991e_8.JPG

Bet the capacitor in that Metz (is it a 45?) packs a whopper of a punch.

Most reactions

Back