Turtle Talker

Can't wait for DNS cache to update on my servers... I still can't use photobucket or view their images. :(

I'm not sure exactly what you mean but if the Name Servers you're tied into by default are lame, sluggish, or occasionally take a dump on you, it's entirely possible to manually type in one of your choice as either or both the primary or secondary DNS server.

Photobucket got hacked the other night and somehow DNS resolves to atspace dot com.
Coincidentally, a web-hosting company. They have a splash page saying they are in no way responsible, but it doesn't look very professional so use caution when checking them out. Here is the URL as it appears after the "redirected" resolve:
atspace dot com/dedicated-web-server-hosting-domain-articles-news/web_hosting
It's been like this for a couple days now. Makes me wish I knew more about security.

Has it been un-hacked yet?

This is why I host my images on my own server. That way I have complete control - Pending of course the new "WWW version 2" which will federalize all control over all non-corporate sites. :(

lol the Turtle Whisperer! You live near the coolest stuff, bifur!

Great shot! :thumbup:

Bifucator- I like the blue tint. It reminds me of the old KodaK print film. I think the subdued colors make the image. My sugeation would be to use a polarizor to cut the glar from the water and maybe more of the turtle would show up.
The Gratelion is perfect. I have some slides that my father made in Japan in 1945- not of the distruction but os the rural countryside. I find many of the same elements in your images and always take a look.
Judge Sharpe

lol the Turtle Whisperer! You live near the coolest stuff, bifur!

Great shot! :thumbup:

Thanks! I think we all do. We just take so much of it for granted. I mean not to get too corny, but look at CJ's and Doenoe's works. Such beauty in something so common as a fly - which we're usually trying to kill ;) The Earth is a mighty bountiful place and there so much beauty all around us from the smallest crack in your driveway to the most majestic mountains. I think "seeing" it is a frame of mind and catching it on camera (or video) to share is just a matter of practice.

Bifucator- I like the blue tint. It reminds me of the old KodaK print film. I think the subdued colors make the image. My sugeation would be to use a polarizor to cut the glar from the water and maybe more of the turtle would show up.
The Gratelion is perfect.

I have some slides that my father made in Japan in 1945- not of the distruction but os the rural countryside. I find many of the same elements in your images and always take a look.
Judge Sharpe

Whoa, I think that underlined part is the highest compliment I've ever received on photography. Comparing my stuff to one of your family treasures... OK, I'm officially flattered! It makes me want to go out and take more ethno-centric images to share. I just might too. :)

You're dead on about the polarizer and I appreciate the comment on the Gratelion - thanks! I do think that the blue channel was a little on the strong side tho. Maybe 1/2 way between the original and Mango's edit would be cool. He's got the reds a tad too high tho and the Japanese people are toned like American's :D

Anyway all great comments everyone! I really appreciate each one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back