Tuscany – Basics

rottroll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really nice images, bud. Love the god beams in the last shot!

I wish you had numbered them. I like the last image best.

I will comment on the first: This shot of a church needs quite a lot, and perhaps more than you can offer. The distortion, being an artifact of the wide angle lens, could be helped by using a longer lens and getting way back. Maybe even going into another building up a few floors to get the shot straighter.

The flare is distracting, IMO. If you can't get good light on the front of the building at any time of day, try shooting another side, details only, or at night.

The people in the shot are also distracting, IMO. Strangers almost never pose themselves in interesting ways to enhance the architecture. You can "get rid" of people if they are moving by making a very long exposure. If they are sitting there, try some other time when they are not there.

But as I already wrote; the last image is my favorite by far.

VERY nice set! That last one? Fantastic! :586:

nice, really

Really nice images, bud. Love the god beams in the last shot!

The Photoshop made me do it ;)

I wish you had numbered them. I like the last image best.

Will remember that for next time. Sorry.

I will comment on the first: This shot of a church needs quite a lot, and perhaps more than you can offer. The distortion, being an artifact of the wide angle lens, could be helped by using a longer lens and getting way back. Maybe even going into another building up a few floors to get the shot straighter.

The flare is distracting, IMO. If you can't get good light on the front of the building at any time of day, try shooting another side, details only, or at night.

The people in the shot are also distracting, IMO. Strangers almost never pose themselves in interesting ways to enhance the architecture. You can "get rid" of people if they are moving by making a very long exposure. If they are sitting there, try some other time when they are not there.

But as I already wrote; the last image is my favorite by far.

Thanks for your critique! It's rare these days to get sophisticated feedback on one's photos – hugely appreciated.

I agree with you on the issue o the people in the shot. Next time there I will focus more on photography … taking a tripod, staying longer at places I like etc.

However the wide angle lens (the distortion) and the flare were quite intentional. I like the way it emphasizes the hight of the building. The flare was meant to give the eye a little more guidance – a spot to start looking at if you will.

But your cirque stands valid nevertheless.

I agree with you on the issue o the people in the shot. Next time there I will focus more on photography … taking a tripod, staying longer at places I like etc.

I disagree with both of you... I actually like people in the shots

yep, I disagree :D

and yep, this is also a sophisticated feedback! :D

I disagree with your disagreement.

Please note; I do not object to people being in the shot, just that these people are doing nothing interesting, and they are not enhancing the architecture.

The buildings don't work for me but the last 3 do. Well done on those.

cool photos, people look good to me, the people in #1 & 3 are good, perhaps walking towards you in 2 would have been better but nice set

How do I start a thread? I'm using iPad and tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back