Tutorials recommendation?

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All, I have been really focusing on auto photography but have noticed some excellent work of landscaping, portraits, etc. So I'd like to learn more about those as well.

I was wondering if there was a site (although we all know tpf is the best :lmao: ) that gives step by step tutorial of how to take these shots and post process them. For example, the "crayon" thread is great, but I don't know how to exclude the blue from being b&w. Or some of the sunset shots are just beautiful, but I'm sure it has some post processing in it.

For example, I am using this website www.carphototutorials.com and I think it is excellent and if you are new to car photography, this site basically walks you through it all.

Looking for a similar site if there is any. :thumbup:

On a serious note though I find a lot of good information on that kind of stuff
GL!
TJ

Whats google? LOL

I figured that this was a photography forum and other users who liked a specific site (like how I mentioned www.carphototutorials.com) can refer one.

Most people here just ask a specific question on the forum or google what they need but there isn't really a big pool of links and tutorials that people link others too. It would be a nice idea to have one thread but there will still be the people who ignore the stickies and all that stuff. I find a lot of good stuff just searching on youtube though. GL
TJ

^^^please do. Its a great site and literally breaks down every drag and click of photoshop. And for the actual shooting, this site breaks that down even more. Even to the point where he tells you to becareful not to place a ladder in the mud! Very detailed.

TJ, I know what you mean. I've searched and read the stickies as well, but I guess being so new to it, I don't really know what to google....don't know that makes any sense haha

Ya I understand I was there too. If you have any main stuff that you really want to know about just ask and I should be able to help you.

Like you mentioned a sunset photo just give me an example and I could help you more like that and see what they did.

Like the crayon photo that is using selective coloring in post processing. You can do that in Photoshop or GIMP which is free and similar to Photoshop in many ways. Check out it shows how to do the crayon type shot but in the free program not photoshop.
TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I understand I was there too. If you have any main stuff that you really want to know about just ask and I should be able to help you.

Like you mentioned a sunset photo just give me an example and I could help you more like that and see what they did.

Like the crayon photo that is using selective coloring in post processing. You can do that in Photoshop or GIMP which is free and similar to Photoshop in many ways. Check this out it shows how to do the crayon type shot but in the free program not photoshop.
TJ

Thanks TJ, I might just take you up on that offer :thumbup:

Quick update to this thread incase any other noobs like myself were looking for something like this.

Thanks to TJ, I learned the term "selective coloring" and just built on that in my google search.

Photoshop Tutorials - Adobe Photoshop Tutorials

This site gives step by step, what I was looking for.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back