Twins

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this in people but didn't get much feedback. I think that's usually a bad thing, but I am a big girl, I can take it.

I did a photoshoot for 2 year old twins. It actually went really smoothly. One girl was totally into the shoot, the other spent a total of 3 minutes allowing photographs over the entire 45 minute session. The mom had quit getting photos of the girls done because of how awful it was, and she was very very happy with how well things went. She said it was the best session by far. I was so pleased to hear that. She is also very pleased with the photos.

I was paid, but the money goes to a charity fund I have...so it makes me a semi professional. :D Enough to post here?

I still only have one light. I used a strobe with a softbox, a bounced speedlight and a reflector. I tried to cover the most area because 2 year olds move ALOT.

All the moms love this black background this year, so not having a hair light is a challenge. But I would love to get any feedback on the set up or anything. Photobucket is really disappointing me. It is changing color sat, contrast, sharpness pretty dramticly. Is there a better way to upload photos for viewing?

Thanks so much for any C&C

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

3IMG_6223.jpg

These are adorable. I think #1s crop might be a little too close for me. I'd also like to see the girls stand out a bit more form the background, they seem to blend in too much. Loving number 4!!!

Thanks for the C&C :) Any advice for popping off the background? In original form (pre-photo bucket) they are much brighter and saturated. They seem flat through photobucket. But I see where I have trouble without a back light. I tried to use the reflector for that but didn't notice a difference. This is black muslin, I am thinking of buying a roll of black paper because I can be more aggressive with the lighting. its just such a pain to move around

Well I don't do much studio work but a backlight or hair light would have helped them stand out. Usually with black backgrounds you need that extra lighting to help them pop. Maybe try a white background instead? Also, black paper makes it really hard to keep the black tone in the photo. Textured fabrics usually work better.

Maybe someone else with some more studio experience could give you some more advice!

Cute set. Cropping is a bit tight for me but overall, I like them. My fav is #4.:thumbup:

I was shooting in fairly close quarters which explains the cropping. I will work on getting a little less "them" in frame. Thanks. And my mom bought me another strobe for my birthday! Fun times!

Definitely use a hair light but for black background to stay black you need to keep any light from hitting it, keep the subjects as far away as possible and try to get the hair light overhead but slightly behind, 1+1/2 stops brighter than your key. H

:thumbup: A picture is worth a thousand words.:blushing:

#2 would have been really awesome with the rest of the girl's head.

I really like the expression on #3... Priceless...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back