Twisted architecture

marinaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was so struck by this building when we were driving by that we just had to stop so I could take some photos. Okay, so we really stopped to get some delicious ice cream, but the building was fun, too. :)

P.S. Can anyone tell my why the colors on this uploaded image look so much dulller than the version of my desktop? It's much more vibrant than what is showing up here.

Twistee.jpg

Are you shooting in Adobe 1998, ProPhoto RGB or sRGB? Your camera most likely was set to sRGB when you bought it so you would have had to change it to Adobe 1998 or ProPhoto color space.​

Nice capture. I love googie architecture.

Are you shooting in Adobe 1998, ProPhoto RGB or sRGB? Your camera most likely was set to sRGB when you bought it so you would have had to change it to Adobe 1998 or ProPhoto color space.​

Thanks, Richard. I've changed the setting on my camera.

neat building.

What a funny building. The nice blue sky really helped here, though I see why you are disappointed with the colours. I am sure they were more brilliant to begin with.

cool pic, love the archietecture....my understanding re the loss in quality is actually the other way around, you need to be in sRGB for posting to the net. I shoot in AdobeRGB and convert for the net.

cool pic, love the archietecture....my understanding re the loss in quality is actually the other way around, you need to be in sRGB for posting to the net. I shoot in AdobeRGB and convert for the net.

OK, Im lost. How do I set up my D40 to SHOOT in Adobe RGB?

All I did here was change the colour space and re-save it.

skieur

Twistee.jpg

So the point we are making is....

It doesn't matter what color space your camera is shooting, but when you post a picture on the internet you need to change it to sRGB color space, or you will end up with dull colors. If you want the easiest way with no worries then change your camera to sRGB that way you won't have to convert at all. Of course there are advantages shooting in other color spaces. Just search this forum or internet about color space to learn more.

The shot with the color space changed shows a marked improvement. I, being a newbie, have no idea what any of you are talking about, but it's one more thing for me to look into a learn! I have a 30D, I never changed any color space setting but i don't seem to lose the bright colors. Hmmm...

My camera was original set to sRGB. Here is a side-by-side comparison of what the image looked like on my desktop and what it looked like once I uploaded it. I created the side-by-side image by doing a screen shot of each version. Can't say I understand why the color changed.

compare.jpg

Most reactions

Back