twisted but not broken

KenC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
trunks 062415.jpg

That is one interesting collection of tree branches and bark. Those little out of focus highlights in the background are interesting and hard to decode for me...I guess they are some type of berries? Whatever they are, they add an unusual and unexpected kind of depth clue to the shadow areas.

Nice lines and textures. There's a nice balance between the areas of dark background and lighter tree bark in the foreground.
My eye runs from bottom to top. If I have a minor suggestion, it would be to lose a portion of the top of the frame.
The flow and subject matter become less coherent at the top and I think it detracts a bit from the composition.

That is one interesting collection of tree branches and bark. Those little out of focus highlights in the background are interesting and hard to decode for me...I guess they are some type of berries? Whatever they are, they add an unusual and unexpected kind of depth clue to the shadow areas.

Thanks Derrel. The OOF highlights are actually sunlight coming through some trees in the background. I cloned out a couple of bigger patches and just left the tiny ones because I thought it would be reminiscent of a starry sky, or at least be more interesting than a solid nearly black background.

Nice lines and textures. There's a nice balance between the areas of dark background and lighter tree bark in the foreground.
My eye runs from bottom to top. If I have a minor suggestion, it would be to lose a portion of the top of the frame.
The flow and subject matter become less coherent at the top and I think it detracts a bit from the composition.

Thanks Steve. I agree about the top. Thank you for pointing that out.

Most reactions

Back