Two E-Sessions

Really fabulous work, Brit. #1 is just wonderful.

#7 is my only gripe. Flawless skin is wonderful, but I feel like her face needs just a tad bit more dimension. I wouldn't be afraid to go back in and burn the faint shadows on the cheek-bones and jaw line.

These are absolutely amazing - very stylish and fun. Nothing more to say from me. There's talent here, keep on at it :thumbup:

Peanuts, can you go through your PP on #2 a little? I love the highlights at the top of the shot and then the darkening around the bottom with the vibrant colors in the middle. Is most of it composition?

Hey! So sorry not not responding I missed this, I actually now see I missed some on another of my older threads so I will get back to that too.

This is all from recollection so let's see how this goes :lol:. The 'sheen' or lightness on the building is from the sun. So the gradient of light to dark is 'natural'. I added a multiply layer and masked most of them and the interior of the phone booth out, that was what really popped the phonebooth colour as well as livened up the wall (it is more blah minty in the original). On almost all of these I am certain I added a bit of a vignette, not your typical gaudy black vignette though. I use the marquee tool at 250 pixels and selection maybe 10% in from each side, then you have to right click and say 'select inverse' (I believe that is the right wordage). Then I create a duplicate layer (Ctrl/Command-J) and using curves (Ctrl/Command-M) just pull it down a bit in the midtones (and therefore a bit in the shadows and highlights as well) and wa-la, a more natural looking vignette

Most reactions

Back