Two estimates for repair

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK got these two from a buddy . I figured they would need a great deal of work to get back to working order .

I sent out to Authorized Photo Service , in Morton Grove , Il. They have done a bunch of work on my digital stuff and have nothing but high praise .

Well I sent in these two Cameras and this is the estimates . I think it a bit high , just wondered others might think . Cosmetically the cameras are about a C , B- .

Does anyone have a shop they prefer to maybe get a second opinion ? Thanks .

Attachments

• 555347.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 555348.pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 259
You can buy a near mint F2 for 249.00 right now. Seems a bit too high to put that much into a camera to have a camera worth less than that amount in the end.

Thanks guys , thats what I was thinking as well !

I'm curious. The estimate on the FE2 says:

1) "Shutter will not fire."
and ...
2) "only 1 battery - requires 2 batteries"

Since point #2 could be the cause of point #1, did anyone try installing 2 fresh batteries and then test the shutter?

Or, did anyone try the shutter at its M250 setting (its only non-battery dependent speed)?

I'm curious. The estimate on the FE2 says:

1) "Shutter will not fire."
and ...
2) "only 1 battery - requires 2 batteries"

Since point #2 could be the cause of point #1, did anyone try installing 2 fresh batteries and then test the shutter?

Or, did anyone try the shutter at its M250 setting (its only non-battery dependent speed)?

Hmmm Intersting . These guys have done some fantastic work on all my digital bodies and lenses , I have to Imagine they did a thorough job of checking all the systems . No ? Either way I'm not going to fix , kinda cost prohibitive I'm thinking

[QUOTE="manny212, post: 3609364, member: 69899
Hmmm Intersting . These guys have done some fantastic work on all my digital bodies and lenses , I have to Imagine they did a thorough job of checking all the systems . No ? Either way I'm not going to fix , kinda cost prohibitive I'm thinking[/QUOTE]

Only if it's not just new batteries :allteeth:

It might be a great opportunity to source the parts and learn to do the repairs yourself. You have nothing to lose.

It might be a great opportunity to source the parts and learn to do the repairs yourself. You have nothing to lose.

Great point ! i feel a new project happening ha ! , They are paperweights anyway . LOL

Yep. When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them back as hard as you can.
Best part of this is: new tools! Woohoo!

Wife gonna love me . HAHA !

That's about the price of a CLA that us Leica shooters pay every few years to keep our cameras in perfect working order

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That's about the price of a CLA that us Leica shooters pay every few years to keep our cameras in perfect working order

Might be time you learned to clean, lubricate and adjust your equipment too then. :)

When I had an A/C go out in my truck, they quoted me 1200.00 to fix it. I found that the parts (compressor, drier, lines and evaporator) and tools, (gauges, vacuum pump) only cost around 600.00, so I bought the tools and parts and learned about A/C repair, now I'll never pay for A/C work again.

That's a good thing.

The first time I did a complete tear down and rebuild of a Xerox iGen 4, it was daunting, but it comes down to a lot of very small and easy steps. That's basically what all repair and rebuild jobs come down to.
I do all my own photo equipment maintenance, repairs and adjustments.

Man too rick for my blood. Ha. Wowzer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Might be time you learned to clean, lubricate and adjust your equipment too then. :)

When I had an A/C go out in my truck, they quoted me 1200.00 to fix it. I found that the parts (compressor, drier, lines and evaporator) and tools, (gauges, vacuum pump) only cost around 600.00, so I bought the tools and parts and learned about A/C repair, now I'll never pay for A/C work again.

That's a good thing.

The first time I did a complete tear down and rebuild of a Xerox iGen 4, it was daunting, but it comes down to a lot of very small and easy steps. That's basically what all repair and rebuild jobs come down to.
I do all my own photo equipment maintenance, repairs and adjustments.
They are sending back to me today. I'm going to scour the interwebs to see what u can learn. I have that guy, who has all the manuals, going to see the tools I need and a good pair of readers. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back