Two for C+C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by burstintoflame81, Jun 5, 2010.

1. burstintoflame81

burstintoflame81 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    WHOOPS I named this 2 for C+C and ended up adding 3. Oh well....

1) Macro "Red Bird of Paradise"

[​IMG]

2) Black-crowned night-heron

[​IMG]

#3) same type of bird, different lighting and angle. I know that the twig in the middle isn't great, but this was the best angle I could get him from.

[​IMG]

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    C&C per req:

1. Nicely captured and the in-focus areas are tack-sharp. I would have preferred the foreground in focus rather than the background, and perhaps a touch more light on the petal bottom centre.

2. Nice capture of the heron, but why f8? Had this been shot wide-open you would have reduced somewhat the confunsion and distraction caused by the background. I might also be inclined to crop a little more tightly; there's a lot of wasted space in this image.

3. Again a lot of wasted space, and yes, a shame about the branch, but I guess you probably wouldn't have had a lot of luck asking Mr. Heron to move over a couple of feet.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

3. burstintoflame81

burstintoflame81 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree that wider than F8 would be ideal. Unfortunately this was shot with a Canon 70-300 IS USM F4-5.6 with a Kenko Pro300 1.4x Teleconverter at full length. So that was the lowest I was able to go.

As for the macro shot. I have taken many pictures of this flower less closeup completely in focus, but wanted to go for a slightly abstract take on it and was mainly trying to focus on the color pattern and the water drops. It would have been nice to focus stack it, but I was shooting hand held one handed with a hand held flash in the other hand. ( Partly why that bottom area is slightly darker. I will re-edit when I get a chance and maybe dodge that bottom area a little.