Two from Me for C&C

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two shots I had from this weekend and then messed them all to he** in Photoshop...

IMG_7155%20-%20Copy_editedmoresmall.jpg

IMG_7173%20-%20Copy_effectedsmall.jpg

Yes, unfortunately you are right. Particularly with the first. You did mess it up to hell. Just look at the halos around the top of the pole. What DID you do?

The flowers are nicer. But then that's easy with flowers. They're nice all by themselves...

#1 could use a little cropping at the bottom.

#2 not doing anything special for me.

The first picture isn't bad in the way of composition, imo, but yeah dude, waaaay too much post production. All you really need to do with it is adjust the levels and you'll have a half decent picture.

Haha! Nice. These are my examples of bad pp and wanted to see what kind of reactions people would have. I wonder what it is about the halo that people just don't like. About the OOF, I am really starting to not like the lens on this camera. I'll post the originals to this thread later at some point.

its just too much of a glow Drex.. it looks really silly on the trees.. made me lol, at least your are playing around to discover new techniques.

This is a technique using the hi-pass filter. I was performing it wrong purposefully. I'll add the originals, as well as an example of proper post-processsing later today.

Never mind about the flower photo. It really was OOF on the subjects. I will have to go reshoot it I guess.

Here is the original to the telephone pole image though:
OriginalPole.jpg

And the correct post-processed hi-pass filter effect for edge-enhancement plus a crop of the bottom per suggestion:

OriginalPoleEdited.jpg

It does tend to produce some noise from smooth objects like clouds. Anyone have idea how to prevent/correct this?

I think there's a basic exposure problem here. Like the ISO is too high. There's definite noise in every version of this picture. Also, the white balance is off a bit.

OriginalPole.jpg

Just checked the exif data- it's a 1.4mp picture. That's just not enough resolution to avoid the graininess.

Most reactions

Back