Two from the film I developed yesterday

mimstrel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Use of my film camera is always a bit of a crapshoot, but once in a while I get something I like. Both of these are shots from weird light conditions, and I never expected either of them to turn out.

C&C always welcome, please and thank you!

This is my (now not-so-little) little brother.
39450016.jpg

These two are my best friend and her now-husband, although this was the 4th of July and the wedding was the 10th.
TeenieandBrentLee.jpg

I like them both. I think they have a nice feel to them

The leg in the background in #1 is kind of distracting to me

And I kinda wish he wasn't smiling in number#2

I like them both, too, except I think the smile is a good thing. It makes you wonder what the hug was about.

In the first, great selective focusing and a very pleasant bokeh. It has a damn near three dimensional quality, something you rarely see any more. Now, if you can straighten it out without screwing up the comp, it would be perfect.

Thank you both!

The leg in the background in #1 is kind of distracting to me

I agree about the leg, but I'm pretty old-school. I don't edit my film photos other than curves adjustments (since I don't develop my own) and a little bit of cropping. Fortunately it's well out of focus, at least.

In the first, great selective focusing and a very pleasant bokeh. It has a damn near three dimensional quality, something you rarely see any more.
That's what I usually try to go for, especially when I'm shooting film!
I might try straightening it. I hadn't really paid attention to the wonky 'horizon' line until you mentioned it.

Regarding the smile in photo #2 - I'm pretty sure I know what he's thinking (he is, after all, my best friend's husband), but now I'm curious as to what other people think he's thinking.

Anybody care to share?

For my part, if the couple were strangers, I could see the photo working with or without smile... but as I know them, the smile must be there.

Most reactions

Back