Two Good Lenses?

31M0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone.
Okay, well I'm looking for two good lenses by Canon for the EOS 400D

Preferably one that's good for portraits and close ups and one that's a good zoom lens.

The price, well.. Around $200 or so for each lens, so about $400 for both.

I'm not sure what lenses I could get for that price, or how good they'd be but some suggestions are welcome :D

For portraits, the EF 85mm f/1.8 is a great lens for around $300. Then an all-around zoom with half-decent close-up capability is just the standard EF-S 18-55mm kit lens. It does 1:3.2 macro which is pretty close, at least enough to start off with. You should be able to get those for $100 or less, so that brings you to $400 total.

I am a new user in this forum as well as a DSLR. I just got my Rebel Xti Kit few weeks ago.

After that, I bought the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8. And that is very good for the price. I am just a beginner but I do have some pretty good result with it. I got it for about $80 bucks

And I am looking to get the Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS later on. The price for that is around $41x to $44x ...

I have the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS Lens. I got it for $402 with free shipping. It is a good multi-purpose lens and has good sharpness. My daughter is a portrait photographer and used this lens for a shoot the last time I visited her. She seemed happy with the results. Hard to go wrong with this flexibility and image stabilization to boot. Obviously not a fast lens, but thats the only compromise I can think of.

The 85mm is a better built lense than the 50 f1.8, and may be a better focal length specifically for portaiture. I have the 50 1.8, and it is a good sharp lense for the cost, but slow to focus and noisey.

The kit lense is a decent zoom if you stop it down a bit.

Cheers

Id say go for a couple primes. For canon, id say maybe a 35 and 85, if you go used you should be able to get them for around 400. And that way you have a semi wide angle, and a semi telephoto lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back