Two HDR photos

robertwsimpson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

C&C is welcome... A little back story: This is Jaguar's newest car, which just became available to the public last week. Hope you enjoy!

Nice car that first pic has alot of dark spots and blotches. I like the second one but u can't see much hdr in it

The only par of the picture standing out is the front fascia of the car

I agree the first image is a good candidate for HDR. How did you make it? Did you use multiple exposures or multiple files of the same exposure?

I think there's a lot more to be had. I've only just started doing HDR in my architectural shots. It's taking me a bit of time, but I think each try brings me closer to what I want.

-Pete

The scene did does not need to be HDR... you could of just used a single exposure.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40483547@N07/4681750379/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40483547@N07/4682381132/

C&C is welcome... A little back story: This is Jaguar's newest car, which just became available to the public last week. Hope you enjoy!

#1 image if you look at the top of that corner you can't deny the halo now don't tell me it's the sky because it's not, It does have some very dark areas.

#2 looks like a standard image, why is the exif data removed on both images?:er:

The front fascia of the car is kind of the whole point of the photo, so I guess I did my job!

I agree the first image is a good candidate for HDR. How did you make it? Did you use multiple exposures or multiple files of the same exposure?

I think there's a lot more to be had. I've only just started doing HDR in my architectural shots. It's taking me a bit of time, but I think each try brings me closer to what I want.

-Pete

multiple exposures.

I don't know what you mean by the second part... what more can be had?

The scene did does not need to be HDR... you could of just used a single exposure.

Isn't that usually the case? I used HDR to bring out a little more detail in the shadows and highlights.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40483547@N07/4681750379/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40483547@N07/4682381132/

#1 image if you look at the top of that corner you can't deny the halo now don't tell me it's the sky because it's not, It does have some very dark areas.

#2 looks like a standard image, why is the exif data removed on both images?:er:

#1, I don't understand what you're talking about. I don't see any halo in that photo.

#2, I am glad it looks like a standard image. That means I'm doing it correctly. I am guessing that the exif data is removed because of photomatix. That is the program that I use to create the HDR image.

I kind of see the halo now. I must say that I dodged the heck out of the signs and the sky. I am sure that is why that halo is there and the signs look a bit muddy. I will spend more time on them next time :)

The front fascia of the car is kind of the whole point of the photo, so I guess I did my job!

-Pete

multiple exposures.

Isn't that usually the case? I used HDR to bring out a little more detail in the shadows and highlights.

#1, I don't understand what you're talking about. I don't see any halo in that photo.

#2, I am glad it looks like a standard image. That means I'm doing it correctly. I am guessing that the exif data is removed because of photomatix. That is the program that I use to create the HDR image.

All I did was invert the image to show you the halo don't know about you
but on my monitor I can clearly see the halo, and no my monitor is just fine.

I know you were going for that natural look hell I must have hundreds of standard hdr images then that have been done so well. Don't gas up your head bro how you expect people to respect you if you’re going to criticize peoples work but when you’re own image is criticize you treat as perfection I can’t respect that there is nothing indicating in the #2nd indicating HDR on it. You can disagree all you want to but you asked for critique so I gave it.

wmkw1h.gif

I must say that I dodged the heck out of the signs and the sky.

Hmmm....

Now remember, I'm new to this too.

Did you dodge or burn the sky and signs?

But why would you have to do either with an HDR image? Help me understand.

-Pete

I used photoshop tool "dodge." This lightens portions of the photo that you want lightened. Most people will pull a photo out of photomatix and upload it right away because they are done. I think that creating the HDR is just the first step. I still put it in photoshop afterward and give it a little more help. I must admit, I'm not the best person to ask about HDR, as I am not very good at it. I still like to try, though.

multiple exposures.

All I did was invert the image to show you the halo don't know about you
but on my monitor I can clearly see the halo, and no my monitor is just fine.

I know you were going for that natural look hell I must have hundreds of standard hdr images then that have been done so well. Don't gas up your head bro how you expect people to respect you if you’re going to criticize peoples work but when you’re own image is criticize you treat as perfection I can’t respect that there is nothing indicating in the #2nd indicating HDR on it. You can disagree all you want to but you asked for critique so I gave it.

wmkw1h.gif

I guess I need to learn whatever language that is, because I don't understand what you're saying.

What he's saying is that when you have multiple people telling you the same thing about a photograph, in this case the halo around the top corner of the building, (which was evident to me in a standard viewing but also in an inverted color viewing) those people aren't likely to be yanking your chain.

If you didn't see it and didn't know where to look, you could have asked one of the posters who saw it rather than claiming that your photograph was fine and that there was no halo.

The issue here is one of lowest common denominator. When you have lots of people telling you something about your photography, whether it be how to improve, how to avoid an effect, or asking you how you did it...it's probably not them. It's you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back