Two Heads, No Mess

Orrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.orrin.org
k2cWe.jpg

I made this image many years ago, before there was any image editing software.
It was done on a copy stand using Wess soft edge masks.

Photos have been "lies" since the beginning of photography. The bodies of soldiers in fields were moved. Multiple photos were pieced together. Scenes were set up to portray an event. HDR was created with the use of two different photos being used for one print. Nothing we do today is new, we just do it with different technology. In creating Photoshop technicians simply used today's technology to recreate what photographers had been doing for 100+ years.

k2cWe.jpg

I made this image many years ago, before there was any image editing software.
It was done on a copy stand using Wess soft edge masks.
Story about Picasso: He had been working on a painting of a woman and one day the woman’s husband visited him and asked to see how the painting was going. Picasso showed him the canvas, and when the man didn’t look happy he asked what was wrong. The man said the painting didn’t look like his wife. Picasso asked him what she looked like, and the man took a photo of his wife out of his wallet and passed it to him, saying “That’s what she is really like!” Picasso looked at the photo and remarked, “Small, isn’t she?” I suppose he could have mentioned her being two-dimensional and black and white also . . .

Most reactions

Back