Two Inside College Pictures for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these two tonight. The first seemed blurry to me, but I cropped in and it seemed clear. I don't know what it is. I can't put my finger on it. C&C on both please.

PictureorVideo010.jpg

PictureorVideo011.jpg

Harding University. It is located in Searcy, Arkansas. It is kind of the hated local "rich, preppy" college. But I would love to go there if I had the money.

The quality is good. The composition on the first is good, as well as the second. But the don't have a touch of morality.

i would close out the recessed lighting and sprinkler heads in the first. on both, the stairs are underexposed

you are correct - 1st one is blurred, or rather not focused - at least 1pixel out on this small sized image.
Go try FocusMagic (trial) and just see what it does for you - I use it all the time
hey - like the photos!!

I think both are reasonably good compositions, but the pictures both lack something. What,exactly is missing, is hard to define. It seems to me that the rendering of the lighting is not quite right; I think maybe the shadows are too dark,and the contrast is not *quite* right,not quite *believable* in the mid tones and lower midtone areas, just above the shadow values.

We see so much fine architectural photography that we've become used to being treated to amazing HDR renderings, done invisibly, that these two shots do not quite make the scene look real, look believable.

My guess is that the tone curve (contrast) is too steep; the highlights are pegged correctly,and the recessed lights are rendered quite well, but the rest of the lower tonal values block up and get compressed. Maybe you could try moving the black point up and re-adjusting the curves a bit,and make these almost perfect renderings. Compositionally, they are quite good.

Well whats cool is that you are showing us that when you take a picture of the same thing from a different angle you really get a whole different picture. Good job.

Most reactions

Back