Two Lightroom questions

Rye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been tweaking my workflow with Lightroom 4 and a couple of questions came up.

Concerning previews: I have Lightroom set to render 1:1 previews on import, which it does. In catalog settings I have "Automatically discard 1:1 previews" set to never. Why does Lightroom still discard my previews?

Also, if I want to look at pictures in older folders which do not have 1:1 previews rendered or the previews have been discarded, is there a keyboard shortcut rather than having to click through menus to do it? Seems like there should be but I sure can't find it.

I don't use Lightroom, but lots of people here do, I'm sure someone will come along with some advice!

I don't import with 1:1 previews. The previews are for viewing in the Library module.
When I do want 1:1 previews I usually have selected just the images I want to be zooming in on and then I find that it is fast enough to get to that in the menus.

Also, if you make changes in the Develop module then you would need to update the 1:1 previews to reflect those changes when viewing in the Library module.

I do not know why LR might be discarding the 1:1 previews or if there is any keyboard shortcut.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back