Two loves

Gazman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The wife loves candles (don`t all women???)

I love photography .

So i mixed the 2 whilst trying different things tonight.

2793524225_224de4811d_b.jpg

Thoughts?

This is probably the 1st shot i`ve took since getting into photography that i actually didnt think was too bad.
No doubt i`m wrong :)

It isn't bad it just could use some alterations
Here my thoughts on how i could of been better in my opinion
#1 Darken the bottom (over the label)
#2 Crop out some of the top (a little to much?)

2793524225_224de4811d_b.jpg

A good start; I think perhaps opening up the image a little so that the side of the candle's 'bucket' wasn't cropped might help. As well, consider using multiple candles on different levels.

The candle looks OOF to me. It seems like you wanted to get that background in focus, but to me the candles seems like the more likely (and visually appealling) subject.

Just my .02.

i actually focused on the candle, then recomposed, it may be camera shake as i have no tripod yet, and if i remember it was a 1sec, or maybe .5" shutter speed just so i could get the paper on the wall to expose.

Tirediron : i did actaully have a 2nd shot that included the full candle holder, but it had a horrible blob of lens flare on the wall so i went with this :(

Tkaat: yea, i agree, much too black. I didnt edit the shot at all, at the moment im concentrating more on taking shots rather than PP. Ill wait till i start taking regular decent shots before i learn after market skills too :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back