Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think?

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_00931.jpg

Please? I can ask specifically what I want... Is the lighting too flat? Are his expressions too funny? The blanket is a little bit blown, but I kind of like that. Do you, or should I burn it a bit more? Should I do any skin smoothing? How's my pp on the eyes??

Was that enough to get someone to post? Or they just awful?

Both are excellent Lacey!! I think the 2nd one could use maybe a tighter crop.. but really ,great work.

Oh, maybe a few nitpicks :) Hope you don't mind!

The first one, those catchlights are HUGE.. I'd try cloning that striking blue a little bit to make them smaller... but still nice, do you know what I mean?

And as I said in the post above, a tighter crop, but I hsould have said elimated some of the space at the top instead.

Thanks, Kelly. The catchlights are really big aren't they? We were at my grandmother's and she has huge floor to ceiling windows.

The crop... I've been playing with this image. I burnt the background and then did a bunch of burning on the pot in the upper left which i think gives it more depth. I'll expirament with the crop too.
Thanks again for critiquing.

I like that 2nd take of #2 the best! Great job!

#1...good focus! He looks a bit red, but being a newborn thats normal and so I would leave it since its his 'natural' color right now!

Have you gotten any of him sleeping yet?

I like that 2nd take of #2 the best! Great job!

#1...good focus! He looks a bit red, but being a newborn thats normal and so I would leave it since its his 'natural' color right now!

Have you gotten any of him sleeping yet?
Thanks, Sarah. Yes, he was red. Only 3 weeks so it's just how he looks. hehe. I have not gotten any of him sleeping. I took these literally in about a ten minute space on Mother's day. It was completely spur of the moment. I am hoping to get out to his house next week to do a more formal shoot. Thanks again!

I absolutely love the first one - the expression, and the little hands in there. Really great.
The second, I like the crop you did, and personally, I'd burn in a little in the top right corner.
But, I'm certainly no portrait-ist. ;)

I think the compositions are pretty cool. The kid has a serious expression on his face. lol

I thought the saturation on the first one might be a bit much... maybe try to tone it down a little.

The B&W seemed like it could do with a little contrast.

Just my opinions. Your mileage may vary. Offer void in Iowa.

The black and white I think is better cause of the skin of the baby. He looks splotchy, which he's supposed to being such a little one, but at the same time the black and white takes away his skin tones and complexion, and really lets you focus on him and what he's thinking...

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I think the compositions are pretty cool. The kid has a serious expression on his face. lol

I thought the saturation on the first one might be a bit much... maybe try to tone it down a little.

The B&W seemed like it could do with a little contrast.

Just my opinions. Your mileage may vary. Offer void in Iowa.
After reading that and going back and looking, I agree the saturation is too high. I'll decrease it. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back