1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

two new pictures critique haven't shot in a few months

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by elementguy13, Jul 8, 2009.

1. elementguy13

elementguy13 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks!

2. JamieR

JamieR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. Cool lighting, but the photo shouts out EYEBROWS.

2. Cool perspective, but most of the dog is blown out.

3. ~myStical~

~myStical~ TPF Noob!

Yes, very cool perspective for the first one

as for the second picture its too blown out ..you probably should try editing

4. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Hmm I rather like the first, its dark, creative and moody - however a litle think stands out is that I think a tiny bit more space above his head would have helped - it looks a little like you cut it off and is a little distracting. Other than that a good moody shot!

In the second two things stand out to me which damage the shot - firstly is the already mentioned blown out fur, its destroyed any detail and given very blasted look to things, might have been an effet you were after, but I think if it is you have gone a little over the top.
    The other part is more situational and I appreciat that often its not easy to control such things (esp with animals as subjects) but the red and white shed/stable is really standing out against the background - its distracting to the main element of the shot I feel,

Overall I like your creativity, a few little nitpicks, but you appear to have sound method and ideas