Two new Ziess lenses coming

Zeiss got a new Batis series of full frame mirrorless lenses Photo Rumors
Zeiss launches a new autofocus Full Frame lens line for Sony FE Mirrorless Rumors
Full Zeiss Batis FE lens specs First Zeiss FF lens with OLED display optical stabilization and autofocus sonyalpharumors
Both new Zeiss Batis lens now available for preorder at BHphoto and Adorama. POLL Will you buy them sonyalpharumors

Zeiss Goes Batis for Sony FE Sans Mirror mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras Thom Hogan
New ZEISS Batis 2 25 and ZEISS Batis 1.8 85 For Sony A7 Series STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Hmmmmm.

Too dark for my taste on the 85mm (I want f1.4 or even better f1.2), and wrong focal length on the 25mm (I want 21mm).

Either way, if Zeiss keeps making autofocus lenses, I might be interested in their offers.

Sony FE looks like it could become my next system. Especially the insane lowlight abilities of the A7s and the bright Zeiss primes (most importantly the 35mm f1.4) have a strong attraction.

Here is the upcoming Zeiss 25mm f/2.0 Batis lens, which is a multi-aspherical, floating element Distagon design: Zeiss Batis 25mm f 2 Lens 2103-750 B H Photo Video

and here is the upcoming 85mm f/1.8 Zeiss Batis, which is a modern, stabilized Sonnar design: Zeiss Batis 85mm f 1.8 Lens 2103-751 B H Photo Video

Here is Brian Smith's excellent page of Sony E-series offerings: Ultimate Guide to FE Lenses for Sony A7 A7R A7S A7II

Thanks for the links Derrel.

how about a price for them?
g.png

What I was seeing was they were both in the $1,200/$1,300 price range.

Most reactions

Back