Two night shots for C&C

FDSA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
deletedeletedelete

Last edited:
the weird tree line makes the first one not feel straight either. I do like the balance of the threes though. nice pictures, the sky looks amazing! what settings were you using? if it were me, I'd use a lower ISO, longer shutter and maybe compensate with aperture if needed... just my 2 cents. great pictures though! you must live in montana or something.

wow ... the only time i can ever see the stars in the sky is if/when i travel for a few hours outside of the city.
2nd shot looks a bit out of focus but not bad though =)

#1 - I like the perspective on this shot. It makes me think of being a child, and staring up at the sky. The weird perspective from the tree line enhances this feeling.

#2 - This is a great shot! I just wish the horizon were level. Some aspects of the shot seem soft also, but this is likely due to the longer exposure (I'm assuming). Was this taken on the dock, or on land?

43.jpg

I straightened it according to the center tree.

2nd pic is cool, but I wouldn't have gone for a vertical shot.

Does anyone know an easy way in photoshop too stack the images in order to keep the stars on top of each other and get the land(solid objects) to be directly on top of each other also?

I tried to stack them but the slight movement of the stars or dock made the images line up wrong. Maybe i can get the sky from the second two without the rest? any tools or suggestions?

I do have a few different angles of each when I have time I'll see if any are better composed.

straightened horizon on the first one

before

54-2.jpg

after

41.jpg

Still looking for help on stacking i thought i had an idea to do it without outlines but it didn't work.

question:

why to some of the pics look weird... like in the OP's first post the skies in both pictures look like there are bands of colors instead of a graduation...

however in robertwsimpson's post where he posts the tree picture, the sky has the gradual shifts in color instead of the bands?

i thought mebbe my screen was set to wrong settings til i saw the other pictures looked fine?

Most reactions

Back