TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flick.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nycstormc2-3.jpg

835369404_3ba9afd430.jpg

i straightened the buildings to remove the wide angle distortion and added contrast with a curves layer. nothing else special.

I like the first alot!! Its wide which makes it work for me...also I love the busyness of it!! Semms as though you put yourself in a bit of danger for these 2...lol

Something about the second one that bothers me a little...dont knowif its the blurry cab or the non sharpness of the whole shot!! Ill keep looking and try to figure it out.

Well done!!

yes, i agree about the second photo. it's not sharp, shutter speed was a little slow while trying to shoot in a darker situation. it was becoming dark and i was also trying to dodge..everything. hah. thanks for the input.

Okay ... a B&W of NYC ... I don't see anything special ... no capturing of the decisive moment or great vision here. What else you got?

i agree with gary.

there isn't some amazing light, subject matter, or composition. its overall so - so, not because of any technical mistakes, just a lack of content.

i think these shots have just been done so many times that people don't see anything really interesting anymore imo

If it was my image I would crop shot #1 right behind the lady with the bags. I would think the reason obvious. Shot two.....print the people on a different medium, remove them from the shot anyway you can. I would try liquid emulsion on a steel or manufactured surface with the people being printed on a natural surface like wood or something else. Just some quick thoughts, I like your shots, maybe cause I have fond memories of NYC.

coming back to them now, i do think if your aim was to show us that location you did a fine job, but in terms of framing it or printing it i agree with chronicle, alternitive printing processes can improve lots of shots.

thanks a lot guys for all the input. i'm going back to the city this weekend so hopefully i'll have new photos to show with these suggestions used.

Most reactions

Back