TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

I used a fill flash for these and I want to know... How can I use fill and avoid the pinpoint in the eyes?

I used a fill flash for these and I want to know... How can I use fill and avoid the pinpoint in the eyes?

If you have a large reflector or umbrella, you can bounce off that. It produces great catchlights. I use a 43 inch 5-in-1 combo reflector, and bounce off the white surface.

i think you did very well on these shots.
my only complaint would be on shot#2.....the fence is a bit distracting.

i think you did very well on these shots.
my only complaint would be on shot#2.....the fence is a bit distracting.
Thank you. I was trying something with the fence (which is actually one of those things on a baseball field, I can't think of what they're called) and I'm not sure I like it either. I'll post a few of the other ones I did and let you be the judge. I was trying a lot of new ideas out. I always use my own children first so I don't mess it up with clients. hehe. I'll go get those others... And thank again for the compliment. Coming from you it means a lot.

Thank you. I was trying something with the fence (which is actually one of those things on a baseball field, I can't think of what they're called) and I'm not sure I like it either. I'll post a few of the other ones I did and let you be the judge. I was trying a lot of new ideas out. I always use my own children first so I don't mess it up with clients. hehe. I'll go get those others... And thank again for the compliment. Coming from you it means a lot.

You are very welcome Lacey :)

I ,too, use my own children for "test" shots. I enjoy your shots because they are well composed and not overdone in post work. Some photogs go a little crazy with the post work.

Coming from you it means a lot.
why is that?

Did you shoot in direct sunlight or is that all the fill flash?? I think it looks too harsh, needs some diffusion.

I don't like the behind the fence look, but I think I said that in another one of your posts.

Did you shoot in direct sunlight or is that all the fill flash?? I think it looks too harsh, needs some diffusion.

I don't like the behind the fence look, but I think I said that in another one of your posts.
The first photo was shot in the shade, no fill flash. The second in the sun, flash at -1.7

I like them :) What is this reflector people speak of? If outdoors like you are I would be interested in avoiding the pinpoint also..
Sorry I'm very new to all things flash.

She will look her best without that drop under her nose. And cropping will bring more attention to her eyes. And, yes I cleaned up her skin a bit and...
babygirl.jpg

I actually cleaned up the drop in my version, but I didn't want a close crop. I was working very hard to get her whole head in the shot. ;) There's just something that bothers me about "fixing" a child's skin. I will never do it. Your work on it is great though. It's just not my style.

Lacey- you do have an eye for children's photographs, and I like the one behind the fence for some reason known only to my eye. But then I tend to like pictures that others don't. The one of your little girl seems out of proportion to me, her forehead seems out of balance with her body. I think it is a result of too tight a zoom- too close. Then again it is probably just me. I would like to see the same photo taken back a little, with a Focal length of about 100 on your dslr zoom and then cropped in to give the look that you want. Again just IMHO. You have beautiful children and do a beautiful job with them.

Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

Back