Two pics, please C&C.

bradleypics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've entered week two of being a DSLR owner. I posted some pics earlier and appreciated the advice. I picked up a canon 50mm f/1.8 lens and a flash unit. I have included two quick examples I took, one with the 50mm and both using the flash. I'm hoping that I'm getting CLOSER to the pics looking less like a snapshot.

#1 (taken with the flash bounced on the ceiling and the kit lens)
4327161700_56d09991c5_b.jpg

(the background is a bit busy, the light switch and stuff and the lamp is a bit distracting but it was a spur the moment shot)

#2 (50mm lens)
4331557866_149f3be5c6_b.jpg

(not that exciting but it makes me hungry for cookies)

I'm new, so I can't say too much, but I agree the lamp is distracting. Maybe even just turning it off would of helped. Sorry I don't have more advice for you.

Your assessment of #1 was right on. It is a keeper snapshot but a snapshot nonetheless.

The focal cookie in #2 is sharp and I appreciate the DOF.

Thanks for all the feedback! I do love how much the 50mm blurs the background/foreground, or "bokeh" as I have learned from reading this forum. It makes a shot of cookie dough somewhat interesting.

As far as #1 I was impressed with the flash I just purchased (which doesn't take a lot at this point). So much nicer than the popup flash. I need to take a nice photograph vs snapshot with it now. We are expecting our second child in a few weeks so I'll have a new "model" to photograph as well.

1 is a great snapshot, a keeper for sure. Too busy to be "fancy" but great for the family album!

2 ... I'm hungry for Chocolate Cookie Dough ice cream now. Great crisp subject and excellent DoF. I could see this on a bakery's website easily. It's a great product shot.

Thanks FattyMcJ, I can't wait for warmer weather to get some shots outside, there really isn't a place in the house that has a pleasing background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back