TheRival

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2602953500_16d67b9b60.jpg

2602951930_c02409ab1e.jpg

let me know what you think!

Technically, they are fine (exposure and fine) but I see no art in them. They look like the kind of random pointless snaps that point-and-shooters make.

Technically, they are fine (exposure and fine) but I see no art in them. They look like the kind of random pointless snaps that point-and-shooters make.

Well its not always what the viewer sees, but what the artist sees. I see plenty of art in it. I love the first one. Very artistic to me.

Very nice colors in them actually. My only complaint would be that youve got the fingers cut off, and they are really the subject here - with the program serving as a backdrop. Program or the prices. . .

See now Sultan. The above wasn't so hard. You should try it sometime.

Well, art is in the eyes of the beholder and in this case, as we are looking at planning our wedding their, i wanted to take some "memory pics" of the whole process... i did not have a chance to stage any of these pics, i had to take them while my fiancee was busy looking at the pages or staring out over the lake day dreaming about our wedding day :)

I agree that i should have framed the picture around her whole hand and not just part of them. Next chance i get, i will be sure to capture the whole hand and have the pamphlet as a backdrop!

thanks for the comments guys! super excited about everything from taking these photos to planning our wedding!

I like the first one more than the second. I would like to see the hand rotated so that there is a little reflection coming from the ring. :D

I like the concept a lot, but I think the composition needs a little tweaking.

Seeing more of the diamond and more of her nails would probably help the picture. Adds more elegance. Brides should be all about elegance.

I don't think you should cut off any portion of her fingers. It's a little distracting.

The watch is distracting... brides don't (or shouldn't) be wearing a Timex. :) (I have no idea if it's a Timex or a Movado... I'm just being a twit.) The point is that a watch isn't terribly elegant and brides should be all about elegance. Did I say that already?

BTW, I'm sure there's a LOT to the positioning of the hands here. How open or closed her fingers are... how much you do or do not show the nails, the position of the thumb relative to the fingers, the curviture of the fingers, etc.

I would do a lot of searching on bride/hands and see what you come up with. There is a LOT of expression in hands by themselves and a LOT of painstaking research put into them and what they portray. You should see the madness that TV advertising goes through with hand models. It's wild.

Something to think about.

Good luck.

I like the concept a lot, but I think the composition needs a little tweaking.

Seeing more of the diamond and more of her nails would probably help the picture. Adds more elegance. Brides should be all about elegance.

I don't think you should cut off any portion of her fingers. It's a little distracting.

The watch is distracting... brides don't (or shouldn't) be wearing a Timex. :) (I have no idea if it's a Timex or a Movado... I'm just being a twit.) The point is that a watch isn't terribly elegant and brides should be all about elegance. Did I say that already?

BTW, I'm sure there's a LOT to the positioning of the hands here. How open or closed her fingers are... how much you do or do not show the nails, the position of the thumb relative to the fingers, the curviture of the fingers, etc.

I would do a lot of searching on bride/hands and see what you come up with. There is a LOT of expression in hands by themselves and a LOT of painstaking research put into them and what they portray. You should see the madness that TV advertising goes through with hand models. It's wild.

Something to think about.

Good luck.

You are absolutely correct about the hand positioning and what not! (and yes it is a movado!)

These are unedited photos so i could probably crop out the watch altogether but i agree that her hand should be rotated towards the camera more as well as frame the picture around her hand!

I am going to try and sweet talk her into letting me recreate the picture tonight or tomorrow and see if i can get a better shot! :)

Thanks for the advice

You are absolutely correct about the hand positioning and what not! (and yes it is a movado!)

These are unedited photos so i could probably crop out the watch altogether but i agree that her hand should be rotated towards the camera more as well as frame the picture around her hand!

I am going to try and sweet talk her into letting me recreate the picture tonight or tomorrow and see if i can get a better shot! :)

Thanks for the advice

*Chris' knowledge of timepieces expands!* :lmao:

Cool. I'd love to see your next shots if you get the time to post them. Would be interesting to see the evolution.

I think that it's his wedding (or I hope so since he seems to think it's his fiance ;) ). So I highly doubt he is getting paid for it. Unless they have a fairly strange relationship.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back