Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Monk studying,

monkstudyinglp00061xt5.jpg

casual portrait of 2 monks after English lesson

twomonkslp00063iv9.jpg

wow you sure get to see some interesting things!! Do they never mind I guess, that you are taking their picture? Everyone I know hates it!

Anyway the first one I like but looking at the whole thing I didnt even notice the studying monk. I think if there was a little less of the white bottom he would stand out more.
And I LOVE the colors in the second one. The one on the right looks so young.

I think that technically the first one is a good shot with details in both shadows and highlights. As for the subject I prefer the second one. I think the colours are great and not too saturated and I like the expressions on the monks' faces. Ideally, I would like to see the complete foot of the monk on the left and I would staighten the picture (the palm tree in the background and the wall behind the monks are clearly leaning to the left).

Thank you for the comments.

I prefer to take pictures of people who know I am taking pictures and it is best if we have been talking for a while so that they trust me some. I had actually been talking to these novice monks for about an hour and had been working with them on their English workbooks and told them I wanted picture to remembe them. They were pretty relaxed about it.

Re: tilted picture. Yes I am embarassed I missed that. I redid the picture and had to add some foliage and concrete. Sorry feet are must not in my PS repertoire and I missed his toes in the actial shot.

Having some problem with sharpening halos on this shot and this the the best I could get.
lp00063redoue6.jpg

#2 is my fav. The monk on the #1 seems like he could do something else, other than studying, too. ;-)

Most reactions

Back